The Chancellor, Rishi Sunak, has today announced £4.6 billion in lockdown grants.
Businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors are to receive a one-off top up grant worth up to £9,000.
The cash is to be allocated on a per-property basis to support businesses through the latest restrictions announced by Boris Johnson yesterday.
The one-off top-ups will be granted to closed businesses as follows:
· £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of up to £15,000
· £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,001 and £51,000
· £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,001
In addition, the devolved administrations will receive further funding for business support and will contribute to the funding already been guaranteed by the UK Government:
· Scottish Government to receive £375 million
· Welsh Government to receive £227 million
· Northern Ireland Executive to receive £127 million